Sunday, April 23, 2017

Black & Decker Workmate 425 DIY lower shelf

I've been meaning to make a lower shelf for my Workmate 425 for a while, but for one reason or another never got around to it. Last week I had enough leftover 1x6 tongue and groove pine boards to make it.  One of the challenges of making the lower shelf for these workbenches is actually putting it in place (the space is very tight), which is why using a solid piece of sheet material doesn't work well, and using regular 1x6 boards creates spaces in the shelf for small items to fall through.

After a couple adjustments to the length of the pieces I ended up with a nice shelf that went in fairly easily and stays in place even when the bench is folded up for transport. I found the tongue and groove works well because not only does it make a solid platform, but the grooves keep things from rolling off.









No comments:

Post a Comment

Seal caulk tubes with PEX cutoff caps

We have all been there.  I've tried many things over the years to prevent caulk from drying out in the tip of the caulk tube, from nail...